TIPS ON ITEMS TO BRING WITH YOU
1. Battery operated lighting as flashlights or lanterns for power losses; Since our location is remote, power losses due to weather, fallen trees or limbs are frequent.
2. Sunscreen, beach umbrella or free standing canopy, beach/lawn chairs.
3. Personal toiletry items as bar soap, shampoo, toothpaste, etc.
4. Extra clothing/shoes, rain gear, swim wear, and beach towels.
5. Outdoor cooking grills, coolers, food and drink.
6. Please keep your desired cold food and drinks cool; the refrigerators take many hours to cool hot food and cases of drinks (up to 12 hours if door is left CLOSED).
7. The lodging units do not have ovens (except Kitchenettes 2-6); They do have range-tops and microwaves. Please do not cook on picnic tables, porches, or porch tables.
GPS and Navigation Device TIPS
If you are planning on getting directions from the internet to our Resort, please use the given addresses for each site. If you are using a Navigation Device such as a "Tom Tom", one of the two addresses listed below should get you here. DO NOT SEND MAIL TO THESE ADDRESSES, THEY ARE LISTED WRONG ON THE INTERNET AND ONLY SHOULD BE USED TO FOR DIRECTIONS AND MAPS.
Brookeland, TX 75931
Jasper, TX 75951
No Address Listed
GPS- 31* 04'02.61"N
Due to address errors on Google, Yahoo, and Mapquest, please do not use this address for printing maps or navaigation..
Sam Rayburn Marina Resort
4404 West Recreational Rd 255
FROM FORT WORTH/DALLAS
Take 1-20 to the Tyler exit (US 69 South). Travel south on 69 through Lufkin. Switch to 63 at Zavalla (toward Jasper). 15 miles south of Zavalla, turn left on 255. Cross the Sam Rayburn Reservoir dam and continue for 2 miles. You will pass Twin Dikes Park before you reach Sam Rayburn Marina Resort.
Take 59 north to Livingston; then 190 east to Jasper. Turn north on 96 and continue for 9 miles. Turn left on 255 (toward Sam Rayburn dam) and continue for 5 miles. Look for a shopping strip on the left before our gate entrance which is on the right.
Take highway 96 north continuing 9 miles north of Jasper. Turn left on 255 (toward Sam Rayburn dam) and travel 5 miles. Watch for the shopping strip on the left before our gate entrance on the right.
Take 28 west to Leesville; then 63 west to Jasper. Turn north on 96 for 9 miles. Turn left on 255 (toward Sam Rayburn dam) and continue for 5 miles. Look for a shopping strip on the left followed by our gate entrance on the right.
FROM BATON ROUGE, LAKE CHARLES, OR LAFAYETTE
Take 1-10 west to Orange; then go north on 62 to Buna. Get on 96 north toward Jasper. 9 miles past Jasper, turn left on 255 (toward Sam Rayburn dam) for 5 miles. Our gate entrance is on the right just after the shopping strip on the left.
Take 79 southwest to Carthage; then take 59 south to Tenaha where you change to 96 south. Just past Brookeland, turn right on 1007 to reach 255. Turn west on 255 (toward the dam). Our gate entrance is on the right, just past the shopping strip on the left (about 2 miles from where 1007 meets 255).